Macon Electric Cooperative creates and fosters economic development opportunities for the benefit of new and/or existing businesses, local communities and non-profit organizations. By offering meaningful resources and services, MEC is putting "energy" into the communities we serve.
How can Macon Electric Cooperative assist you?
Macon Electric has access to funding sources to stimulate economic growth and development in its service area.
- Revolving Loan Fund
- Site selection information (View available buildings and sites.)
- Financial assistance through the United States Department of Agriculture Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant Program (REDLG)
- Learn more here.
- Power4Progress grant opportunity for new businesses and existing businesses looking to expand (due yearly on September 1).
- Analysis of your power needs and coordination of electrical engineering infrastructure
- Energy efficiency and power quality services
Cooperatives offer a variety of benefits to new and existing businesses! Learn more here.
Macon Electric Cooperative is located in Northeast Missouri with access to a sufficient transportation network.
- Access to U.S. Highways 36 and 63 and rail services
- Housing availability and recreational opportunities in the communities within Macon Electric Cooperative's service territory
- Ideal place to work, live and play
MEC strives to assist new and existing businesses with development. Learn about some of the business grants and loans available: